3 Thoughts That Will Rock Your World
As you may know, we are reading 3 chapters a week from the Gospel of John here at The Crossing Church. I carved out some time to read John 4-6 this week while I was in Florida at a conference on starting new churches. Here are 3 thoughts that rocked my world. I know they will do the same for you.
“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work
1) The #1 goal for you each day is to do the purposes of the one who sent you to this earth. The desires, wants, and opinions of the people in your life should always takback backseat to that thing which God is calling you to today.
24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
2)Hearing the word of God was the very thing that lead you to eternal life. Boldly run to God’s word every day and listen to Him so that you can be filled with His life like new today.
5 When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, “Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” 6 He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do. 7 Philip answered him, “It would take more than half a year’s wages to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!” 8 Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up, 9 “Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?”
3) Inspect your life today. What is one area of your life that Jesus wants to take and multiply in order to bless and feed many with His grace? You may think that you have very little to offer in this area (like 5 loaves of bread and 3 fish sticks). That thing you think is insignificant, when it is given over to Jesus He can blow it up much bigger than you thought to bless those around you. Think and pray about it.
Today we look at the transforming work of Jesus as He changes water into wine. He desires to change us from the inside out as well. We know that this challenge of reading through the gospel of John is welcoming transformation into our lives that only Jesus can bring!
The Crossing Church is taking the challenge to read through the Gospel of John together these next 7 weeks. We will be reading 3 chapters a week and on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday you can listen to a short podcast on each of the chapters we are reading through for that week. We can’t wait to hear the ways that God uses this challenge to grow us more into the people God desires for us to be!
Here is the message from this past Sunday at The Crossing Church. Crack open your bible to John 15:1-8 as we hear a message entitled “All or Nothing”.
Our BIG launch for The Crossing Church is rapidly approaching. Watch this 1 minute video update and plan to join us on April 1st at 8494 Stults Road. God is good!
Have you ever uttered those words? I sure have. I have also thought this many times before when it comes to the gift of God’s grace. Watch the message from this last Sunday at The Crossing Church and be encouraged to embrace grace in your daily living.
This is a big weekend for the growing community of The Crossing Church. It is this Sunday, January 29th that we will gather for worship @ 10:30am. God has opened up a door for us to meet on the campus of Dallas Lutheran School in their Klekamp Hall.
Dallas Lutheran is located at….
8494 Stults Road
Dallas, TX 75243
We covet your prayers for our gathering this weekend. Here are a couple tangible ways you can be keeping the ongoing work of The Crossing Church in prayer.
- Pray for God to draw people to our first worship gathering on January 29th and in the months to come.
- Pray for our worship team, for me (Pastor Mark), and for our core group as they live lives of mission these next few weeks and months.
- Pray for a guarding from spiritual attack as this new church is launched and continues to grow in the days to come.
- Pray for God to lead us to a leader for our Kids Zone that will minister to the children that God connects with The Crossing.
Check back with us next week as we update you on the amazing things God does this Sunday and in the weeks and months to come. If you can’t join us on Sunday, we will meet again on Sunday, will gather again for worship on Sunday, February 26th @ 10:30am. May Christ bless you as you live on mission for Him everywhere He sends you this weekend and beyond.
On Mission Together with Jesus,